Sunday, April 7, 2013

being a mom

I love being a mom, even on the days when Arianna is crying all day. Sure, those are more stressful because I would love it if she could just tell me what is wrong instead of showing me her tiny baby tears but that just isn't going to happen for a while.  I love to stare at her sweet smile and enjoy so much when she does something new.  Finding something to make her smile feels like such an accomplishment!  The curiosity on her face when she finds her toes or a new toy.  And now everything is going into her mouth! Teeth are on the way. I cannot believe how quickly she changes.

I am so thankful for her. I am reminded of these two quotes from the Bible:

For this child I have prayed and You have granted me my request. (Samuel 1:27)

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4: 19)

I did pray for her. I prayed for her for a long time. When the Lord granted my prayer, I was so grateful. I thank Him every day for her. For her beautiful smile and laugh and her health.  And even when she is having a rough day, I thank Him because she has totally changed my life.  

Now on the weekends, I am just happy to be home, settled on the couch with my husband and baby.  I am so excited for future outings like the zoo, science museums, and the beach.  Going to parent-teacher conferences and joining the PTA sound like such fun. Being a mom has made me a better person. I feel like I have a reason to get up in the morning and enjoy my day.  And I thank God every day for that blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment